1. Thriving, upscale suburban community. Home of 27,391 residents.
2. Surrounded by Roseland, West Orange, Millburn, Florham Park, and East Hanover.
3. Convenience to public transportation. Route 10 bisects the town from east to west. I-280 lines just outside the town’s northeastern border, providing quick access to I-80, Garden State Parkway, and Newark International Airport.
5. Variety of clothing boutiques, gift shops, specialty stores and professional services.
6. Two area malls- Livingston and Short Hills provide a great place to shop and have fan.
7. Family town with public school system known for its academic excellence. The Livingston School district includes six elementary schools for kindergarten through grade five, two middle schools grades six trough eight, and Livingston High School.
8. Students who took SAT earned an average score well above the state average. Ninety five percent of graduating seniors planned to continue their education at two-year and four-year colleges.
9. Blue Ribbon high school boasts a well educated staff, with 72% holding a master degree or higher. Challenging academic programs include Advanced Placement courses, a National Merit Scholarship program and Career Internalship program. Students can participate in twenty six varsity and forty one sub-varsity sports, including football, golf, track, swimming, lacrosse, ice hockey and tennis. More than three dozen after-school clubs promote social interaction and extra-curricular interests.
10. Outstanding Health Care. Saint Barnabas, New Jersey’s oldest and largest hospital was founded in 1865. The medical staff has more than 1,500 physicians in 68 medical and surgical specialties, and all branches of dentistry.
11. Recreational facilities include two swimming polls, five parks and playgrounds, number of well maintained tennis courts, a variety of programs organized by the recreation Department and more than six hundred acres of recreation area.
13. Ruth L. Rockwood Memorial Library offers 100,000 books and variety of popular movies.
14. There are more than forty civic and social organizations, and an annual Fourth of July picnic, and holiday parades which help keep pride strong.
15. Offers variety of all types of housing, such as single family homes, townhouses, and senior citizen housing with wide spectrum of price ranges.