1.Family-oriented residential community with light industry. Home for 21,131 residents.
3. The Summit Train Station has the Mid-Town Direct train -a less than 30 minute ride – from Summit to Penn Station.
4. The City of Summit has numerous parking garages and lots supplying ample parking for resident commuters and downtown employees.
5. Summit Public Schools are consistently rated superior, not only academically but also for their music, art, other cultural programs, and athletics.
7. The Reeves-Reed Arboretum is a great place to visit with formal gardens and woodlands on its 12.5 acres site and is a New Jersey Registers of Historic Places. Nature classes and seasonal events are available for both children and adults.
8. Summit Overlook Hospital now is one of the leading hospitals in the New York metropolitan area and a very integral public service to the Summit area.
9. Summit’s Downtown Business District is a tapestry of retail and commercial businesses with an abundance of specialty and gift shops, clothing stores, home furnishings, restaurants, bakeries, fine wine outlets, movie theatre and ample free parking all within short walking distances.
10. Summit offers an array of programs, facilities, and events to capture and educate the community in arts, recreation, cultural and spiritual guidance
11. The Grand Summit Hotel, originally known as the Blackburn, played an important role in drawing people to Summit for summer retreats in Summit’s early years and continues to be a preferred dining and hotel destination.
12. Summit YMCA and many other non-profit organizations enable residents of all ages the ability to participate in leisure and health-related programs. Summit has numerous playing fields to include baseball, football, soccer, basketball, tennis, running track and a 9-par Golf Course and a Municipal Pool.
13. The New Jersey Center for the Visual Arts is a commitment to the arts offering cultural activities, ranging from art exhibits and jazz concerts to courses for budding artists.
14. The Summit Free Public Library offers an adverse array of cultural readings, movies, special events and free internet access for all ages.
15. Summit is also diverse with an array of Houses of Worship providing churches for all and a definite spiritual life in the Summit community.