1. Thriving, upscale suburban community. Could be characterized as a “bedroom community”, since most of its citizens work out of town. Home of 16,530 residents. The community was named after President James Madison
2. The Madison Train Station has the Mid-Town Direct train -a less than 50 minute ride – from Madison to Penn Station.
3. Strong public school system. 94% of students are meeting or exceeding grade-level standards in math and 99% in language.
4. Home of Drew University and Farleigh Dickinson University.
5. Madison Public Library collection contains 127,604 books; 5,310 audio materials; 2,003 video materials; 491 serial subscriptions.
6. Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey’s Main Stage – the intimate F.M. Kirby Shakepeare Theatre – is located at 36 Madison Avenue at Lancaster Road, on the campus of Drew University in Madison. It is three miles east of Morristown and easily reached by car or train.
7. The Madison Area YMCA, part of a worldwide association based on Christian principles, inclusive of all people, provides quality programs that develop a healthy spirit, mind and body and promotes the core values of caring, honesty, responsibility and respect. The Madison Area YMCA is a not-for-profit charitable community organization. Support YMCA programs. Make your tax-deductible contribution to The Madison Area YMCA Annual Support Fund.
8. Whole Foods Market Madison offers an extraordinary shopping experience for all our customers – family shoppers, the health-conscious and foodie shoppers seeking the next culinary thrill.
9. Well-known residents have included: · Meryl Streep, actress · William Christensen, Guinness World Record holder for “Biggest Beer Can Collection,” for his achievement of more than 75,000 different cans